Are you passionate about beauty & fashion trends with good packaging design experience ? If so this is the ideal opportunity for you !
You will be responsible for all matters relating to product design, including but not limited to: packaging design, creative research/mood-boarding, internal/external presentations and site mock-ups; when needed support Design Team with retail planograms, POS material and ad-hoc visuals. Responsible for the management and organisation of packaging artworks including implementation of procedures that facilitate in the smoother operation of the design team.
• Design, execution and management of all product packaging including primary and secondary packaging, from conceptual brief through to execution, following briefs from NPD Team
• Ensure artworks and their guidelines are fully compliant with brand guidelines
• Responsible for product packaging artwork archiving and tracking
• Review and sign off the product packaging samples and boxes/cromalins
• Review and sign off the product shots for e-commerce to ensure the products are at their highest standard . Involved with design, preparing, collating and researching material, copy checking and the implementation of everything from packaging to point of sale
• Design and creation of visual mock-ups from pictures or drawings
Reporting to the head of creative &work with the NPD team to create product presentations in order to showcase upcoming projects. Liaise effectively with all departments to ensure requirements are known and met. Participation in creative packaging meetings with external suppliers. Work with Head of NPD & Creative for conceptual briefing, highlighting potential challenges and solution finding to overcome these. Support for Design Team on business promotional, marketing material and/or web banners when necessary. Accountable for own performance and compliance against objectives and standards
- Adobe Creative Suite CC (highly skilled in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat) - Packaging and artwork design proficiency - Strong typographical knowledge - Working collaboratively in a fast paced environment - Knowledge or experience in the beauty or fashion industry is a plus - Technical knowledge of packaging production not necessary but appreciated
Experience and Knowledge required
• Previous experience at this level in beauty/fmcg/luxury packaging design. Excellent commercial awareness and knowledge.
Experience in both large & SMEs , luxury markets.
Skills and approach required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills . Ability to use independent judgement . Excellent attention to detail . Excellent prioritisation and time management skills. Charismatic relationship builder . Engaged within the business and a flexible approach to work.