- Supporting the Sales force from a Design/Technical perspective with design concepts / technical drawings / manufacturing guidance
- Conduct audits of customer packaging range/infrastructure to identify areas of added value and efficiencies.
- Interpret customer briefs/requirements into feasible designs solutions.
- Liaise with network of manufacturing sites to ensure design specifications are interpreted correctly and manufactured to the highest quality (this involves attending production passes/print runs)
- Contributing/Taking the lead in collaborative design workshops with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify marketable opportunities through research and develop innovations that can be utilised by external sales teams.
- Utilise the bespoke facility to aid development of functional design concepts.
- Employ our processes to enhance value opportunities for us with our customers.
- Actively contribute to the running of the design department and take a hands-on active role in its strategy.
- Liaise with the global network of designers sharing new innovations and best practices.
- Solid understanding of CAD (preferably ArtiosCAD)
- Proficient on Microsoft suite (Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
- Understanding of corrugated packaging manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of general print processes (Litho/Flexo/Digital)
- Knowledge of packaging testing processes
- Understanding of rapid prototyping techniques (using CAD Table / Wide format printing)
- Good understand of commercial viability
- Ability to work under pressure, manage workload and prioritise tasks
- Confident presenting concepts / solutions to peers and customers
- Work to tight deadlines
- Ability to generate concepts from sketch / rapid prototyping / testing through to manufacturable product
- Capacity to proactively innovate and provide well thought out concepts developed from market trends and customer insights
- Driven and self-motivated with excellent organisational skills
- Eye for detail and consistency
- UK Driving License
- Proven record of marketable innovation
- Ability to convey ideas to a mixed audience succinctly
- Ability to manage co-creation/product development sessions internally and with clients
- 3year experience in Design Industry Role
- Experience in relevant design field (Product / Packaging / Industrial)
- Portfolio / relevant examples of work