Company- a leading technology lead marketing company who are looking for an experienced packaging designer to join them onsite with their client.
The role- The Packaging Designer is responsible for design and adaptation of all packaging ranges from range design guidelines. You will be responsible for taking established design principles, creatively interpreting, adapting and applying to full range of packaging, ensuring designs work across a range of formats and packaging types, to create a cohesive and consistent brand image.
You will solve design challenges to deliver design and adaptation to the highest standards of brand consistency, establishing and adhering to design rules and principles, completing range reviews alongside the Design Manager and Brand Guardian.
This is a further snapshot of the work you'll be undertaking:
- Attend pre-production meetings to assess new designs/projects with clients & account team
- Provide input on proposed project execution methodology and estimates of production time
- Review design guidelines and interpret to establish packaging design approach
- Provide design production of packaging projects including: Creative interpretation of design principles, Design, Design adaptation, Design challenge solving, Deliver design and adaptation
- Provide design layout and direction to create photographic briefs for product lifestyle photography
- Responsible for the effective adherence to Packaging Production systems and process
- Create design files that are colour managed and 'artwork ready'
- Responsible for adherence to internal Quality Control processes and procedures
- Continuous personal knowledge development of packaging design
- Continuous proactive development of software knowledge and competencies
Excellent packaging design capability, with proven credentials
- Excellent creative layout, design and typographical consistency skills
- Excellent understanding of packaging branding and content
- Confident at interpreting and applying design guidelines
- Able to create photographic briefs
- Able to manage design ranges to deliver consistency of execution
- Applied knowledge of the Adobe suite of production software, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Understanding of print requirements and limitations for all print processes, primarily Litho & flexo
- Good understanding of all common packaging formats & substrates
- Have an exceptional eye for detail and meticulously high-quality standards
- Be able to develop new knowledge and skills proactively
- Good communication skills to liaise with all production process stakeholders
- Knowledge of colour management an advantage
- Applied knowledge of Esko 3D visualization tools an advantage
- strong and proven experience within packaging is needed (you will be asked to show a portfolio of clear packaging examples)
What you get in return for your hard work!
On top of a competitive salary, you can expect:
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Tons of discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
Interviews are being held as soon as possible so if you are interested please apply today! Or contact lizzie @ Kairos Recruitment