Reporting to the Director of Packaging Development, this is a very exciting opportunity for a passionate packaging developer/assistant manager of packaging development with 2 - 5 years experience level.
Responsibilities include :
- Assist in the timely development of specific development projects to meet the shift in workload within the Packaging Department.
- Actively support the development on targeted projects for to meet our global customer’s needs.
- Assist the management team in providing a project feasibility - function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, timetable, risks, and global consistency.
- Initiate and evaluate package test results.
- Request preliminary costs, and compare to feasibility.
- Initiate artwork requests and proofread final art.
- Develop the package utilizing the technical support groups (Technical Packaging, Package Testing, and Manufacturing Engineering) to achieve the intended design, quality, cost objectives, functionality, and manufacturability.
- Submit packages to Package Testing with the required samples and technical information.
- Establish component and color standards, and insure proper distribution.
- Assure that Packaging meets the needs of the brand, corporation, Regulatory and Environmental Legislation, and consumer safety.
- Keep informed through colleagues, vendors, journals, professional affiliations, and seminars of new materials, processes, and procedures.
- Visit suppliers and our company production facilities in the UK & Europe
- Actively participate, as needed, on multifunctional teams providing creative solutions, while exhibiting an enthusiastic, flexible, and positive attitude.
- Support the mission/objectives/strategies of the Packaging Department.
- Champion the company’s vision.
Experience required :
2 - 5 years related experience in Beauty/Cosmetics/Luxury goods industry experience preferred
Engineering/Packaging degree preferred
Packaging Diploma preferred