A new and exciting opportunity to join a global food business within their Research & Development team in the technical hub located just outside London as a Packaging Development Engineer. Working at a global level to deliver new packaging design and development projects from concept through to implementation in our factory network and beyond.
As the technical expert you will be responsible for leading projects aimed at improving and enhancing the design and performance of brands & to identifying innovation opportunities that can be scaled globally whilst working in the team to deliver packaging solutions that work towards achieving our 2025 sustainability goal.
What are we looking for?
- Degree level qualification in a relevant technical discipline (Packaging, Engineering sciences etc.) or relevant prior technical experience; Packaging diploma/degree is advantageous.
- Demonstrated knowledge of packaging materials, including flexibles, rigid plastic, cartons, and cases.
- Understanding of packaging sciences, packaging development, packaging legislation, food processing and production.
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing projects in an FMCG environment and working with outside vendors to deliver project requirements.
- Ability to work and collaborate across different levels/cultures and be agile in ways of working and design thinking.
- Good command of the English language.
What would be your key responsibilities ?
- Owning the technical packaging design and development for a variety of projects (of increasing complexity) with a focus on one or more product categories (food & drinks) to support growth, value leadership, supply security or sustainability.
- Creating packaging prototypes and ensuring successful line trials within our factories, co-packer and co-manufacturing sites, ensuring the relevant documentation is produced and results are accurately recorded
- Creating packaging designs and specifications that deliver the desirable key quality attributes via robust risk management and the delivery of consumer, customer and supply chain requirements
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver desirable, viable, feasible and sustainable innovation, leading projects of different levels of complexity at the same time.
- Work with Global product development and Factory Innovation teams in building and delivering the innovation pipelines and the development of existing or new technology to deliver Innovation and Value Leadership.
- Work with the Global Packaging and Engineering teams to help to develop technology required by the innovation teams and with Commercial to develop material Suppliers and Creative Agency capabilities
What can you expect ?
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
- The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.