Are you an experienced Packaging Development Manager, looking for an opportunity to utilise your Project Management skills? Do you have experience in materials and print conversion, having worked closely with market trends within our industry?
This is UK based, with travel required.
The successful candidate will be a great communicator, being able to engage with all stakeholders from the business relating to each bespoke project. You will be able to work alongside the category director and the team, to support with customer requests and drive fresh thinking into the category as part of the trend and insight offer.
You will be someone who can create strong working relationships and be able to predict future trends within your specific category.
Key areas of responsibility
- Work as part of the R&D/NPD Team with a strong link into local Technical to drive development
- Work with the Technical Team as an integral stakeholder in the development process to support the validation process for new materials
- Support the Category Sales Directors and their teams in the identification of new materials products and trends which will support growth in their markets.
- Identify the value of any development project against a consistent scoring criteria
- Communicate clear updates relative to any R&D project that could drive step change in the retail market place by critical path measurement agreed in the early stages of the gate process
- Recognise technical advancement that could be marketed as a USP in the competitive retail arena
- Formulate a business case form that encourages stakeholders to evaluate opportunity against consistent criteria including commercial feasibility, and growth potential
- Assign each brief with a short, medium, or long term development plan
- Support the requirement for holding packaging specifications on file for each development
- Manage any development project under NDA until IP potential has been considered
- Experience in materials and print conversion
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Think in a methodical way
- Have attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Takes an objective view on internal/external situations, and looks for ways to improve the service
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure whilst ensuring that we strive for efficiency
- Proactively looks for better ways of doing things
- Willingness to adapt to business requirements and takes the time to understand business change
- Proactive approach and not afraid to make decisions
- Passionate and enthusiastic commitment to shared goals and objectives
- Builds and maintains team spirit and morale to ensure effective working relationships
- Travel is required therefore a full driving licence is essential
If you are looking for a new challenge, within an ever-growing packaging company, then please apply today.
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.