Delivering innovative, effective and commercially viable packaging for our customers, in the most sustainable way. You will be responsible for leading packaging strategy and plastics reduction & removal - driving consistent improvement across our product ranges in store, in line with sustainability targets. Providing technical advice, support and hands-on delivery of effective packaging solutions for each trading team and in manufacturing. The role involves high level oversight of packaging issues across all our Own Brand products and supplying sites. Regular reporting across key forums including the Executive Committee, Sustain Executive Sub Committee and Plastics Steering Group.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required :
- Science degree or equivalent.
- Extensive postgraduate experience in packaging, including its practical application to the food/retail industries.
- Packaging manager role in other food or food retail businesses.
- HACCP or other risk-based product assessment methodologies.
- Ability to manage projects to safeguard / reduce risk to the business (brand risk, customer safety) and lead initiatives.
- Ability to manage change programmes.
- Extensive auditing experience in a variety of product areas.
- Strong planning, organising and project management skills.
- A positive outlook, supporting & motivating others to succeed
- Ability to consider competing pressures.
- Self starter, professional and engaging.
- Advocacy and able to engage others to drive change - acting as a catalyst.
- Experience of leading effective project delivery.
- Extensive experience in implementing effective food industry packaging solutions.
- Highly experienced in the identification and resolution of packaging performance issues.