To help maintain & grow our premium products, we have an exciting role available to manage the technical development of our structural packaging..
The role will work closely with Technical, Innovation and Supply Chain functions as well as our packaging suppliers and co-packers.
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of the packaging elements of each project, from development of the technical brief to scale up and launch.
Working in conjunction with the Technical Project Management team, you will provide options and solutions that deliver high quality packaging components within cost targets whilst meeting the SC requirements for NPD, EPD and quality improvement projects.
You will be able to translate consumer and supply chain requirements into appropriate test and trial plans to verify the structural integrity of new packaging, and ultimately produce robust packaging specifications.
We are looking for a passionate Packaging Technologist who thrives in a fast paced environment and who is agile to respond to the business needs & be :
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with science or engineering background; ideally packaging diploma certified
- Ideally 4+ years packaging experience with an understanding of beverage (or FMCG) packaging formats, components, processes and their associated risks.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality, consumer relevant packaging. Experience in glass development preferred.
- Experience leading the packaging workstream within a cross functional project team
- Organised and able to effectively project manage packaging specific projects
- Understanding of risk management techniques and able to apply them to create robust and time effective packaging test plans
- Experienced in running packaging trials across a range of substrates and formats (ideally beverage formats) with a focus on quality
- Experience in qualifying new packaging suppliers and/or commissioning our packaging in new co-packers
- Generate appropriate technical documentations such as trial and sampling plans, manufacturing instructions and specifications and approve supplier documentation such as technical drawings
- Demonstrates perseverance and a positive attitude in the face of challenging goals
- With an eye for continuous improvement; always looking for faster, higher quality, more efficient and cost effective ways of doing things
- Passionate about sustainability and the role packaging plays
- Passionate about packaging and always on the look out for new technologies, techniques and processes
- Able to travel to support packaging trial in our co-packers in UK and Europe ( approx. 20-25% of time in this role)
- Scope of the role includes all structural packaging from primary to tertiary
- FMCG packaging – glass, cans, label substrates, closures, carton board cases and trays, shrink, pallet wrap.
- Gifting and promotional packaging – gift packaging with novel constructions (eg our gift crackers), neck hangers, FSDUs, shippers etc
- Out of Scope – Artwork development processes and colour proofing