You will be responsible for technical development & specification of market leading product , focusing on packaging delivery, quality, innovation, safe, compliant & ethical components that differentiate us globally from our competitors.
- Balance and effectively manage technical responsibility with broader managerial responsibility across several retail categories (home, clothing & beauty).
- Work with the Head of Packaging and Packaging quality lead, compliance team and other packaging managers to develop the Packaging sustainability innovation strategy putting the customer at the centre, whilst aligning to the commercial strategy for the business.
- Protect all packaging components across categories from product safety, compliance and sustainability and ethical issues in line with legislation and policy
- Set and maintain technical standards across the packaging for these categories ensuring that these standards are frequently and clearly communicated to all stakeholders involved in the packaging design, product development and production processes (buying teams, packaging suppliers)
- Lead and monitor global packaging processes, coaching and providing direction to UK Technology peers and sourcing offices globally to drive compliance to agreed ways of working and standards
Key skills required :
- Solid experience & knowledge of packaging creation, print, and constructional manufacturing
- Demonstrates a proven track record of dealing with packaging manufacturing and technologies on a global scale.
- Advise/ direct colleagues on technical solutions to deliver market leading sustainable packaging for the business with full appreciation of end to end profitability.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to liaise clearly with business unit colleagues, sourcing offices and supplier.
- Proven proactive ability to find solutions through clear communications throughout the business and supply chain.
- Proven track record to drive and deliver sustainability, innovation and newness in aligned and joined up approach with Colleagues and suppliers.
- Shares knowledge and expertise with suppliers, compliance teams, marketing and selling channels to drive commercial advantage
- Open and flexible mind set to drive changing priorities and deliver new ways of working.
- Proven track record managing new thinking, project delivery, compliance reporting of sustainability and innovation in packaging.
- Consistently pushes the agenda of customer facing sustainability and innovation to our customer whilst protecting the product.
- Excellent project management skills delivering to critical path time scales and legislative agendas. Eg packaging reductions