Leading food manufacturer based in the East Midlands, we are looking for an experienced packaging expert to join the process team as a Packaging Technologist. You will be working as part of a busy team, bringing your packaging expertise to deliver amazing products to our customers.
Job Accountabilities include:
· Confirm packaging costs in internal NPD costings, working with the Procurement team to obtain relevant packaging costs
· Finalise packaging cutters and supply them to the customer in-line with the critical path timings.
· Organise outer cases for NPD/EPD, ensuring they are fit for purpose and approved by key stakeholders across the business
· Finalise all packaging elements (tray, sleeve, film, outercase etc), confirming they are fit for purpose and correct
· Sign off packaging details in artwork approval process - checking the cutter guide size and dimensions, general panel layout, position and size of the date code box, position of the barcode, varnish-free areas. Ensure Specifications team are informed of relevant details
· Manage the generation and approval of promotional artwork
· Generate internal packaging specifications to be used for customer specifications and factory paperwork
· Support the process team on product trials and pre-productions, including ordering packaging for trials
· Attend, where required, retailer pre-artwork meetings to discuss packaging requirements for launch
· Co-ordinate the approval of the first delivery of printed packaging, ensuring it is approved for overall print quality before the packaging is released to the factories
· Manage and update the packaging database to ensure all packaging detail is accurate and accessible
· Work with Procurement team to understand business strategy on packaging suppliers