As the Packaging Technologist/expert , you will be responsible for the effective development of new and existing Packaging materials within this very successful & dynamic food brand market leader.
Execution of packaging development projects to the required timescales & liaise with key departments to identify, plan, develop and source packaging materials from the approved supply base & ensure fit for purpose solutions that are cost effective, right quality, delivering brand values and operational efficiencies.
You will be responsible for managing packaging development projects from concept to delivery and be the principal packaging development contact for the projects both internally and external. working closely with the commercial functions to ensure packaging briefs are fully understood and packaging is fit for purpose.
Reporting to the head of NPD, you will maintain a good working relationship with Marketing, Procurement and Operations to enable you to deliver on packaging projects in an efficient manner.
Maintain a strong network with existing Suppliers, as well as developing new Suppliers in conjunction with Procurement.
Work with marketing, product managers and suppliers to ensure brand values are delivered through packaging design and format.
Keep abreast of packaging innovation, new solutions, sustainability / recyclability and legislation.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have :-
- practical experience and understanding of a broad range of packaging materials, processes and manufacturing methods
- A qualification n packaging (or equivalent), or a HND/HNC in engineering with packing line experience, or a Science related degree - desirable but not essential.
- Relevant experience of working within fmcg, retail branded products and interface with the major retail customers.
- Good understanding of program / project management with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively.
- Strong communication skills across all levels as well as a natural affinity for problem solving and creativity.
- Good understanding of the business environment and supply chain, preferably within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- A self starter, who can work independently within a team environment.