As the world changes at an ever-increasing rate, our client uses their technical expertise to get ahead of the innovation curve. As Packaging Technology Consultant /Principal Consultant you'll be based at their Global Technology and Innovation Centre (which is based in the UK) & serves as development, prototyping and fabrication hub, supporting some of the largest names in the FMCG space through to start-ups helping them innovate across products, processes and business models and exploit technology as a source for sustainable design, productivity improvement, waste reduction and advanced manufacturing processes.
Using their expertise across the Product and Packaging Design, Applied Sciences, Engineering, Human Factor Sciences, Product Design, Manufacturing and Innovation Strategy, they translate science and technology into commercially viable break-out products and processes.
We are looking for a ‘hands on’ packaging technologist that has an established track record understanding how to bring novel packaging materials and processes to market. If you are passionate about engaging with clients and challenge convention to find sustainable and innovative packaging solutions that really work - in practice, not just on paper, then this is an ideal opportunity for you!
This role will be responsible for conducting technology landscape research and establishing the feasibility of breakthrough packaging technologies to the existing and emerging consumer product portfolio to enable the winning consumer experience. The role will also work in close collaboration with the diverse client base, brand owners, start-ups and packaging suppliers toward the creation of highly differentiated concepts and technology platforms by linking consumer insights to new ideas, business models and emerging packaging solutions.
You will ....
- Work in collaboration with client stakeholders to conduct research and establish the feasibility of breakthrough packaging technologies.
- Identify emerging and new packaging opportunities to meet unmet needs in the consumer products space
- Design, prototype and assess through pilot plant testing and validation packaging technologies and concepts to product and process specifications as well as develop value chain and economic feasibility analysis for candidate packaging solutions.
- Work with our technology capabilities that span mechanical engineering, applied science and industrial design to maximise our impact on projects
Ideal candidates will be/have ....
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science & Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- Proven experience delivering packaging R&D or commercialization projects, and/or in R&D in areas of materials or processing.
- Experienced in facilitating & driving consumer needs based concepting and linking with existing or emerging technologies to develop winning business solutions.
- Advanced understanding of coating processing and chemistry desirable
- Expert knowledge of materials science and its relationship to packaging processes
- A strong knowledge of the FMCG industry sector and the packaging challenges faced in this area
This is an exciting opportunity to apply science to the food, drinks, personal care technology that ultimately lead to real-world innovations.