Overview of the role and candidate
The Mac Operator will be responsible for processing customer supplied artwork in order to achieve the best possible print quality, whilst ensuring that our reprographic outputs comply to our quality standards and customer requirements.
We are looking for an individual that can adapt to meet high customer demands, and take a solution-led approach, this can be a very fast-paced industry with a challenging workload, so the successful candidate must approach work with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Where the role sits within the team, department and wider business
The Mac Operator role is assigned to work as part of the Studio Team, with a wider responsibility for working with the Client Service and Quality Control teams.
The Studio Team plays a crucial role in the wider business, delivering artwork and reprographic projects that are key to providing our client base with a first-class service.
Who the role reports to, and other key interactions
The Mac Operator will report directly to the Studio Manager and will become a key member within the Studio team. The successful candidate will also be expected to communicate with the Client Services and Quality Control teams, as well as Directors and other staff where appropriate and as projects dictate.
Key areas of responsibility and the deliverables expected
The Mac Operator will be responsible for using our artwork and reprographics software suite to meet our customers high standards and play a key role in our ability to create some of the very best flexographic printing plates in the world.
The key deliverables of the Mac Operator will be:
- To work closely with the client services team to fully understand job briefs and customer requirements.
- To follow standard operating procedures in relation to artwork creation, artwork reprographics and the output of printing plate TIF files.
- To follow the Standard Operating Procedures in relation to production of a proof.
- Identify and resolve any quality issues, taking any necessary action to prevent recurrence.
- Identification of any issues affecting workflow to the Studio Manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Full and accurate completion of both the work ticket and company databases throughout the workflow.
- Prioritise jobs to ensure customers receive their product on time.
- Work directly with customers where required on approvals, amends, artwork, repro and plates.
Required experience and training
- Previous experience of working in Packz or ArtPro is essential.
- Previous experience of working in the flexographic print industry is highly desirable.
- Flexible to work 5 days over 7, including weekends and late day shifts where required.
- Composure to work under pressure whilst maintaining full attention to detail.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience in using customer relationship management (CRM) systems is desirable, although training will be provided.
Location and travel requirements
The Mac Operator will be based out of the Reproflex3 Ltd. office, based in Cramlington (Northumberland). No regular travel requirements are anticipated, though, from time to time, there may be a requirement to visit clients; reasonable notice will be given.
About the company
Established in 1996, Reproflex3 Ltd. (or R3) provides pre-press packaging products and services to markets including flexographic printers, creative agencies and major FMCG brand owners. Products and services include flexographic printing plate manufacturing, studio and artwork, on-line workflow management and a packaging mock-up division. Currently, the company operates from Cramlington, Dubai and India, servicing the UK, European and Middle Eastern markets.
Successful applicants will be contacted after September 6th 2019.