Paper Bag Machine Operator/Setter
Days Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Salary £10-15 p/h DOE
Industry- Packaging Manufacturing
The Company: The opportunity for a Paper Bag manufacturing machine operator/setter to join a company who have been manufacturing varied packaging for varied industries since 1992. They are seeking someone to join their site.
The successful candidate will be an experienced with Paper Bag manufacturing using machinery such as Cobdon & Chadwick and/or Beasley French. These machines are manually operated with a motor- no robotics or computerized machines.
The Paper Bag machine operator/setter Candidate:
- The primary role is the general operation, maintenance and improvement of the Paper Bag manufacturing machinery, inclusive of pre-production set up and changeovers
- To operate, maintain and production lines including ancillary equipment maximising efficiencies
- Monitoring machine performance, maintaining output, quality and waste targets whilst keeping downtime to a minimum
- To ensure all raw materials, scrap and finished goods are accurately documented and recorded
- Continuous quality checks throughout production runs
The Paper Bag machine operator/setter Position:
- The Paper Bag machine operator/setter position will be reporting to the Shift Leader whilst working as part of a team
- Participate in continuous development and training
- Liaise with colleagues and other departments to enhance efficiencies and aid business development
- Adhere to policies and procedures relating to health, safety and quality
- Adhere to site and corporate health and safety policies
- Follow a clean as you go policy
- Ability to manage a schedule of work on a daily basis
- Strong understanding of continuous improvement measures
- Make contact with suppliers to obtain competitive quotations for parts to maintain Plant Equipment and effectiveness
Interviews are being conducted as soon as possible for this vacancy, so if you are interested please get in touch as soon as possible and register your details with us.
Key words; paper bag machine operator/setter / packaging / manufacturing / shifts / production