Fantastic opportunity for an individual with proven pre-press experience in busy litho print environment, in expanding Derby based print company. With a broad client base we offer the chance to work across a wide variety of industry sectors. Your responsibilities will encompass current pdf based workflows but preferably Agfa Apogee. You will provide clients with a ripped pdf for approval before providing the print department with litho plates.
In order to apply for this job you will typically have commercial experience in print. Your work history will show a proven record in a repro department. The ideal candidate will have client facing experience and be a great communicator with the capability of forming good working relationships. They will be self-motivated looking to be an integral team player.
A knowledge of pre press applications is essential including pdf bases workflows and platemaking essential.
- Excellent Mac CC skills – InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
- Knowledge of current pdf based workflows essential. Agfa Apogee preferred
- Good knowledge of pre-press, production & print
- Minimum 3 years commercial reprographics/pre-press experience.
- Team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels
- Highly organised, self motivated, competent and can use own initiative
- Candidates will be required to perform practical tasks at interview stage
Main Duties to include:
- Provide clients with a final pdf or contract for approval before plating for print.
- Issue printing plates to the print department together with a final contract proof.
- Digital printing as and when required.
- Provide a mock-up of work for lay-out as required.
- Work alongside our existing designer to improve and meet deadlines.
Strictly no agencies or publications, thank you.
Keywords: Pre Press Operator, PrePress Operative, Coordinator, Production Planner.