We are currently recruiting for a Pre-Press Make Ready Operative to join our Production team based at Coveris UK’s Cramlington site. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure all tooling, inks and plates are available at press at the beginning of a job
- Return of Cylinders and Plate Bags to allocated area
- Check Cylinders for cleanliness and return to racks (Cylinders are stored in racking – heaviest in the centre at heights between 600mm and 1400mm – light Cylinders are stored below 600mm and above 1400mm)
- To ensure all cutters and Plate Bags are at site for production
- To work from plan supplied by Production Planner
- Notify Planner/Supervisor of any missing tooling or Cutters or Plates
- Ensure PCT system is used for smooth work flow between sites
- Laying plates
- Assist in change overs including washing off
- Operating the press during Running on
- Maintenance including cleaning of anilox rollers
- Good housekeeping including ensuring consumables are available at point of use
- Working to schedules
- Clear understanding of Company Handbook, including Health & Safety and Hygiene Policy
- Participation in company Continuous Improvement / CPS activities
- Maintenance and good housekeeping following the Clean As You Go policy
- Any other duties required to meet the prevailing needs of the business
- Ability to manage and deal with change in a fast moving and demanding environment while still maintaining standards set within the business
- Should be able to use own initiative when necessary
Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please submit your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.