GI Eclipse are one of the UK’s leading sheet fed, web and web inline printers we offer competitive prices across a wide range of printed products for public, private and third-sector clients, specialising in medium to high-volume, often complex jobs that demand intelligent solutions and meticulous attention to detail.
Here at Go Inspire Eclipse we have an opportunity for a Pre-press operator to join our team based in Kettering. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis (working on a constant day shift 8.30am -5pm) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary.
As a Pre-press Operator at Go Inspire Eclipse, you will utilise all aspects of our Pre-press systems which include Agfa Apogee Workflow, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Press-Tune. In conjunction with the Prepress software you will have access to Technique our Management Information System software. Using Apogee Work flow you will pre-flight, Colour Manage and Impose files ready for their next process. Following on from the workflow you will produce various proof types, Improofs, Contract Proofs and Finishing Guides from our Epson, Hewlett Packard, and Ricoh proofing solutions.
Duties as our Pre-press operator will also include:
- Pre-flight customer supplied files prior to importing them into Apogee workflow.
- Troubleshooting issues and correcting Files.
- Carrying out authors corrections to customer supplied files.
- Using imposition software within workflow prepare files in readiness for Improofing/Plating
- Maintaining CTP systems and Plate Processors on a maintenance rota.
- Achieve all quality standards to ISO accreditations standards.
- Ensure that you liaise with the Account Management team about job bag discrepancies and queries about artwork
- Follow internal checking procedures for all proofs and plates required for next process.
- Maintain our inhouse 6s quality standards
You will be working in an open plan office environment alongside the Commercial Management Team, this will give you the opportunity to interact with fellow staff members regarding the working progress of your jobs, which also helps build a cohesive team supporting all aspects of the pre-printing process.
Our Pre-press Operator will ideally have the following skills and knowledge.
- Using Adobe Creative Suite be proficient with relevant applications.
- Have worked with Agfa Apogee ideally although training will be given.
- Experience of a pre-press background would be essential.
- Knowledge of colour standards.
- Flexible and pro-active approach with the ability to work well within a team and to tight deadlines.
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Have a good understanding of impositions
If you think you are the right candidate for our Pre-press Operator role then please send your CV, along with your salary expectations, to Kettering.HR@goinspire.co.uk – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!