NEW VACANCY! (SC3022)
PRE-PRESS OPERATOR - POS / RETAIL DISPLAYS
£OPEN (Depending on experience) + Pension + 25 Days Holiday
Our client is a Creative Retail Display & Experiential Build Company, that manufacture and install high end displays and exhibitions for the retail industry.
As a Pre-Press Operator you will work with account managers to precisely understand the clients' requirements, job briefs and creatively translate these using desk top publishing software (e.g. Adobe Illustrator) and applications to lay out artwork, text and images. Content will be sourced from digital files which will be edited and incorporated to a final design ready for the printing process.
Being highly reactive to clients' needs and working to tight deadlines producing the quality that end customers demand is a must. Working together, often under pressure, with colleagues in teams across the business and individually to deliver great product on time, every time makes the company an exciting place to work.
The ideal candidate will be from a POS / Displays background however my client will look at a candidate with Large Format experience as well as Junior candidates.
- Understanding client requirements and factoring in considerations relating to equipment, materials and processes will be core to generating product that enhances creative aiming to exceed client expectation
- You will be highly organised, passionate about productivity and quality and integrate with the teams across the business competently, enthusiastically and successfully supporting them on projects to deliver the required output on time and to budgeted cost every time
- You will be able to work with different materials and build methods
- Training will be provided to ensure that you can always safely operate any equipment
- You will be required to work at the business premises and on client sites representing the company's best interests at all times and always respecting confidentiality
- Installations are often outside of normal business hours so flexibility with working hours/patterns is core to the role
- Be the principle point of contact for all pre-press requirements on your assigned projects ensuring that all aspects are understood and agreed and that expectations are managed and met
- Attention to detail will be critical to ensure overall accuracy of the document with regard to content, copy, size and colour
- You may be required to produce sample and final proofs for customer review ultimately obtaining mandatory sign off prior to committing to a print or production run
- Working closely with the company's internal and client facing teams from initial client brief to delivery to ensure that planned output is achievable and uses optimal materials and processes to ensure final product meets or exceeds specification and is delivered within budget at minimum cost
- You will use your knowledge and experience to guide clients on optimal processes and materials for projects being clear about limitations/restrictions resulting from budgets, timescales or other factors
- Highly effective communication - internal and external - to ensure that there is complete end to end understanding of every job at every stage of the process and a clear record of decision points so that project output meets evolved specifications and requirements
- You will diligently use the company 'systems and processes to manage production and delivery