NEW VACANCY! (PT3140)
PRESS OPERATOR - GREETINGS CARDS
LUTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS
£30-34K DOE + private medical + death in service cover + 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Overtime at time ½ which is voluntary
Hours: 6am-2pm and 1.30pm-9.30pm (alternating each week), Monday to Friday
Our client is a well-established and successful Greeting Cards manufacturer. They are currently looking to recruit a Press Operator to join their team.
Reporting to the Head of Production, the client is looking for someone with litho printing experience and experience of operating press with UV / anilox coating and / or cold foiling units would be a plus.
- You take it upon yourself to gain a general appreciation of greeting card publishing and the company's activities.
- You understand in general how the activities undertaken in your department interact with other departments, and also how they impact on the prestige, reputation, and profitability, of the business.
- You communicate clearly with, support, and work in alignment with, your colleagues and line manager.
- You look for ways of improving how things are done here and look for ways of how you could bring further value to the company.
- You share your concerns and opportunities with your line manager;
- In addition to any management support you receive, you nevertheless take your own steps to improve your performance in your role.
- You speak up when you believe you are not receiving sufficient support, or are not being properly listened to, in the knowledge that it is not wrong or harmful to escalate such issues.
- In all your dealings, you are open and honest and go about your work with commitment and enthusiasm.
Your Individual Responsibilities as Press Operator are:
- Operating the Heidelberg SM74-5.
- Ensuring that all production equipment that you use is regularly maintained in accordance with the Maintenance Schedule and that appropriate record sheets are completed.
- Ensuring that the required level of consumable stocks are held and that they are reordered as necessary via a SAP purchase order.
- Completing work to Company agreed standards, in a timely manner, whilst minimising any waste.
- Entering accurate data when using the SAP system in instances such as the creation or booking of purchase orders or the confirmation of production orders.
- Completing work as per the schedule provided.
- Reporting any faults with jobs to the appropriate personnel.
- Abiding to all Health and Safety or Standard Operating Procedures set for the area of work, including the reporting of any faults or incidents to the Head of Production, either directly or via the Team Leader.
- Assisting with training and supervision of other team members when in a position of expertise.
- Undertaking any reasonable request to train on additional machinery.