One of the UKs most creative printing companies is looking to expand their team. This innovator provides a wide range of printed solutions to a wide range of clients from small SMEs to major blue-chip multi-nationals.
This is a perfect position for someone who seeks variety within their role, where no two days are the same. We are looking for a commercially aware professional with an ability to produce estimates, adapt to a dynamic environment and demonstrate product, supplier and category management knowledge to purchase print.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• To prepare quick turnaround estimates on standard products using our clients in-house MIS system and Microsoft Excel
• Liaising with the sales to ensure correct details standard materials are specified within quotation.
• Liaising with account management when estimates are converted to orders to ensure clarity of information passed to internal departments is correct.
• Develop a strong and positive working relationship with category suppliers.
• Identify and select new suppliers, using best practise
• Negotiate with suppliers to achieve best value within quality & time SLAs
• Ensure the Vendor Management System is kept up to date
• Manage the supply chain, including the forecasting of goods into the business by working closely with the stock control team, to maintain both stock levels and stock availability.
• Produce clear and timely purchase specifications & instructions to suppliers & internal departments
To apply for this opening you must have 2 years’ experience within a similar role within the printing industry. Ideally, you will have a working knowledge and understanding of the MIS systems, tools and calculators. You will need a high level of problem solving skills, have a good range of IT skills, be forward thinking with the ability to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders. Stand out applicants will strike a balance between great commercial nuance and intelligent negotiation skills.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, register with us at harrison-scott.com/candidates/register/
Please note that we will always seek candidates’ permission before sending a CV to clients.