We are on the search for a detail-orientated operator with a strong background in digital printing. This is an opportunity to join one of the largest digital printing companies in the continent. Continually pushing the boundaries of print technology, they need a strong multi-tasker who has experience working in a fast-paced print production environment and working to tight deadlines.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure each job is signed off as correct before full production commences
- Confirm all jobs have first off approvals either full-scale or mini proofs.
- Internally source material for each job and set up the machine correctly.
- Completion of print jobs in line with the production plan
- Successful interpretation of job cards/work instructions to customer specifications.
- Operate the IDC and rip jobs to the print machine.
- Completion of production paperwork i.e handover sheets/count sheets.
- Identification and resolution of machine troubleshooting.
- Transport completed jobs to the finishing team with the associated paperwork.
- Report any deviations relating to the job card and/or materials
- Support the whole team in the efficient running of the department.
- Ensure quality checks are completed as per Company process.
- Observe all print processes and inspect products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Ensure all products, materials and waste are clearly labelled and identified.
- Review system paperwork such as job cards for information and any other instructions. provided such as spreadsheets for accurate and efficient production.
- Work alongside less experienced members of the team and provide on-job training/coaching where necessary.
- Work alongside other functions within the production area as required in order to ensure production output meets dispatch requirements.
- Report any breakdown, defects or rejections
- Ensure that all waste is being disposed of in accordance with Company procedures and systems.
- Report any accidents, near misses or any instances where environmental procedures are broken or ignored.
- Comply with Health & Safety, ISO, Safe Systems of Work standards and workplace. legislation, including ensuring that your work area is maintained in a clean, safe and tidy manner, that all equipment is used safely and according to instructions, and that work is carried out to ensure no risk to yourself, other employees and visitors.
- Undertake and participate in training as required
- Flexibility on start and finish times to match customer requirements and sudden changes in dispatch requirement.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts.
- The current working pattern operates on a 12-hour shift basis over a four-week period (rotating including day and night shifts).
If you are a cooperative team player who is able to use own initiative and ‘think outside of the box’ then we would love to hear from you.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com