A leading printing company has an opening for a Production Manager. Our client insists on the highest quality standards, and this role is pivotal in driving cultural and quality change within production and warehouse facilities putting in place best practice processes and techniques that will deliver improved quality control, less waste whilst maintaining or enhancing efficiencies. Provide shop floor management and mentoring of production staff to raise standards, improve processes and instil a culture of pride and ownership in the products made.
This role will support Production Director and COO to provide greater use and benefits of the company ERP and production management system delivering improved accuracy on stock management and control.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Optimising production capabilities in order to ensure that lead times are achieved, and supporting the Production Director to ensure that production scheduling is efficiently planned.
• Successfully manage a high volume, flexible manufacturing operation on a day to day basis.
• Liaise with all functions of the business to ensure that customer’s requirements are successfully met.
• Monitor, coach and develop production staff to ensure that their full potential is being used adequately and that they achieve job satisfaction
• Ensure products are manufactured in accordance with design specifications and customer requirements.
• Be a highly visible shop-floor based leader with the ability to step back, assess and accurately measure, define and record manufacturing output and capacity
• Support the Production Director and COO to prepare the Production Budget and Strategy
• Ensure that all work is carried out with the strictest attention to Quality Management
• Comply with safety standards and enhancing the production environment. To comply with and support the Health, Safety and Environment statements, policies and procedures as well as ensuring that all H&S audits are carried out accordingly as well as annual assessments. To investigate any EHS incident raised to drive to a Zero Harm culture
• Be on first point of contact on site for HR matters and assist HR manager with some duties
• Responsible for overseeing day to day purchasing and replenishment
What we are looking for…
- brilliant people person and excellent coach
- the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with staff and clients;
- tenacity, confidence and personal authority to challenge and drive actions and change
- planning and organisation skills to be able to assist in running and monitoring the production process;
- the ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems;
- experience of ISO standards and the certification process ideally
- ICT literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes;
- attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality;
- the ability to work under pressure and motivate & work with others to meet tight deadlines
- the ability to work in a logical, systematic manner.
- Good administration and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task;