This is a 'hands on' team lead role who will oversee the label printing process for a busy production (packaging) environment, as well as print operating. The jobholder will possess strong production management skills and technical skills of flexographic printing. These abilities will be used to lead a team of Flexographic Print Operators and associated Operatives whilst driving productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the team performs to agreed and measurable targets
- Hands on technical printing
- Building individual relationships with the team
- Creating accountability within the team for performance
- Ensuring that machines are operating to an optimum level against company set targets
- Ensuring compliance to all quality systems to prevent sub-standard products reaching the customer
- Maintaining focus on direct costs, labour utilisation, material specification and waste and compliance to accurate completion of performance reports
- Encourage the team to generate solutions using improvement tools
- Review performance with the team, formally and informally
You should have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Extensive experience within the flexographic printing industry.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead and develop a management team to improve their skills to supervise, motivate, and manage hourly employees.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of ISO / Colour Management Standards.
- Knowledge of safety, quality and continuous improvement techniques.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated track record of efficiency and profitability improvements.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days holidays + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- On-site car parking
- Annual salary increases
- Sharesave scheme
Essentra is built on diversity. Our ambition is to build an inclusive culture where diversity is embraced, and everyone feels safe, respected, valued and able to thrive as part of a winning, engaged team.
As part of our recruitment process you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview stage.