NEW VACANCY! (SC2814)
PRODUCT DESIGNER / CAD OPERATOR - POS / PRINT / PACKAGING
£ Open (Depending On Experience) + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
Our client is an independently owned, forward thinking print company based in the East Midlands. They specialise in print, die cutting and finishing to produce products for several markets, including packaging, POS and display, stationery, publishing, direct marketing and packaging.
They are currently looking to recruit a Product Designer / CAD Operator to join their team.
My client will consider candidates from any print background with Artios CAD experience.
- Taking design briefs from Clients, Sales, Business Development and other internal departments, ensuring all aspects of the brief and required timescales are understood.
- Interpreting the design brief to create and draw up solutions using ArtiosCAD software.
- Ensure information stored within the CAD files are accurate and fully complete.
- Creating and maintaining Environmental and Quality Check sheets for each CAD drawing created.
- Producing 3D samples and printed mock-ups using a wide range of substrates.
- Liaise with commercial and production teams, as well as tooling suppliers, to ensure proposed solutions are both practical for production and commercially viable.
- Ensuring all drawings and samples are produced within the agreed timescales.
- Attend meetings with clients to take briefs and to present ideas, samples and mock-ups where required.
- Carrying out production and packing trials to test suitability of proposed concepts.
- Develop and maintain a good level of product, material and process knowledge.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with the Client Services, Business Development and other internal teams.
- Be pro-active in creating new concepts and ideas that could be offered to existing and potential new clients.
- Keeping up-to-date with current market trends, materials and technology advancements.
- Reporting to the New Product Development Manager
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- GCSE Grade C or Above - Maths & English
- Product design or similar technical qualification
Minimum Previous Experience:
- 2 years CAD software experience
- 2 years' experience of print manufacturing environment
- Die Cutting and tooling knowledge
- Microsoft Office, including basic Excel
- Be able to work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines.
- Be familiar with different material specifications and production processes.
- Be creatively minded, with an eye for detail who enjoys working as part of a team.