In the last 5 years, Duplo International has rapidly extended its print finishing solutions, from traditional graphic arts solutions to embellishment and digital packaging solutions. We now have the responsibility of a wide portfolio of products, and the time has come to increase our Product Marketing team.
Product Manager Job Summary:
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to look after shape cutting/packaging solutions for EMEAR.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, bringing and launching new solutions to our market in an engaging and functional way, while developing all the sales support tools for our distribution channels.
Knowledge and experience of the digital printing & packaging sector, as well as experience of working with automated and connected solutions are a must. An innovative perspective on product development is also important in this role.
Product Manager responsibilities:
As our Product Manager, there are two distinctives but interrelated areas of responsibilities that you will need to own:
- Product Project Development: based on your intricate knowledge of our products and customers’ environments, you will be working with Duplo Japan or external parties to identify and introduce new and relevant product solutions to our market.
- Working with the rest of the Marketing Team. use your product knowledge to clearly and confidently articulate and demonstrate the value of our solutions, strengthening our leading position in print finishing equipment.
Product Manager duties:
- Working with our Japanese engineers at Duplo Corporation and our Technical Team, contribute to the development of the right solutions for Duplo and its customers.
- Develop a clear business case to support the development of a new solution, from a clear understanding of the market, current competition (if any), pricing guideline and size of the commercial opportunity for Duplo.
- Evaluate/research market competition and position the product line so that it appeals to distributors and end users
- Develop a clear ‘Go to market’ strategy including all product launch support tools for the Marketing and Sales divisions of Duplo International, including developing the product assets required to launch new products
- Prepare launch events (virtual or not) to introduce new systems to our Sales divisions including our distributors, and to end users
- Works with our Showroom Manager to ensure he has all necessary training to successfully demonstrate our solutions to potential customers as well as train the sales organisation on our systems.
Post launch responsibilities:
- ‘Check and adjust approach’, ensuring we have the right tools to help us tell the right story throughout EMEAR
- Oversee the product line’s life cycle and anticipate any problem especially for end of life models or model change cross overs
Requirements & qualification:
- 3+ years experience as a product manager
- In depth knowledge and experience of the Print & digital packaging industry (hardware & software)
- Experience of Die Cutting and shape cutting technology is desired
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a positive/proactive attitude
- Able to translate complex technical information into easy to understand content
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to up to 50% travel for the first year, and 30% thereafter
- Remain in compliance with company guidelines at all times
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times