Job Role: Production Controller Envelope Production
Reports to: Sales Manager Envelopes
Purpose of Job: To support the goals of the MBA Production Department and help to achieve their business targets, supporting the buying and selling of a range of Envelope services. Managing and assisting the operations involved in Envelope production in-house, outsourcing Envelope Overprinting, Flat Sheet Conversion, Flexo Production . All aspects of production control that are necessary to enable the smooth running of the department and to meet the planned schedules and customer specifications and expectations.
- To gain a full knowledge of the range of services provided in the Envelope Departments.
- Undertake support tasks as directed by the Envelope Sales Manager.
- Effectively deal with internal and external telephone and email enquiries requesting quotations on the range of our Envelope services which will include prices gained from outside suppliers.
- To assist with the creation of quotations from RFQs received, in a timely and professional manner.
- To edit and prepare job bags received from Account Managers, to include all instructions to enable the work to be completed in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure all accurate details are passed on to the studio department, with regards to artwork, are correct and accurate.
- Send the Clients, both internal and external, PDF proofs as requested and ensure a prompt approval turnaround in order to maintain steady production.
- To assist in managing the Envelope Overprint Production Schedules, Plain Envelope Stock Levels,
- Liaise with internal printers and external suppliers and the clients, both internal and external, to efficiently answer general enquiries concerning deliveries and production.
- To ensure all customer complaints, issues and queries are forwarded on to the department head and to help reach a successful and appropriate conclusion.
- Achieve team and individual targets as set by the management team.
- Prepare weekly reports for analysis as directed by the management.
- Good time keeping and attendance.
- Maintain a tidy and clean work area ensuring that the office and desks are kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- Understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures with particular emphasis on quality and health and safety.
- To be willing and able to work overtime at relatively short notice and to cover holidays and sickness as and when required.
- To be able to operate a PC and to be able to understand the company’s management information systems in regards to estimating, job bags, delivery systems etc.
- To purchase paper for print production as and when required, to manage stock control and re-order in a timely fashion
- To purchase envelopes for mailing production as and when required, to manage stock control and re-order in a timely fashion
Internal Relationships: All staff and MBA Group departments as required but in particular the Client Services Team and the Production Department on the Tottenham site.
External Relationships: Suppliers, Clients as and when required.
Background / Experience: A successful proven record of accomplishment print production gained within a print production environment.
Skills / Abilities:
- Good verbal, written communication and effective listening skills
- Good telephone manner and techniques
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions, attention to detail
- Able to generate innovative and effective solutions to meet the customer requirements
- Able to cope with multiple projects at one time
- Ability to analyse relevant information to make quality decisions
- Must be methodical with the customer requirements
- Generate solutions to meet the customer requirements
- Team player, able and willing to assist other members of the team
- Flexible and able to cope under pressure and demonstrate a level of emotional control and resilience
- Able to maintain good disciplines and standards, initiative and drive
- Understanding of commercial issues surrounding jobs
- Able to ensure that all documentation is complete and accurate
It is the Company’s policy not to discriminate against its workers on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. This policy is for guidance only. This policy applies to the Company’s employees, whether permanent, temporary, casual, part-time or on fixed-term contracts, to ex- employees, to job applicants and to individuals such as agency staff and consultants who are not our employees, but who work at the Company (collectively “workers”).