NEW VACANCY! (PK6732)
PRODUCTION / FACTORY MANAGER
HOURS: Monday To Saturday, 8.00am to 5.30pm
£Competitive Salary dependent on experience
Our client is a newly formed company who specialise in the manufacture of Tissue products, they are backed by a large European company.
They are now looking to recruit a Production Manager to join their team. As the Production Manager you will oversee all daily operations of the factory from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Importantly develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity. Ensuring Machines are maintained at good standard and they are in good safe working order.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Responsible for Manufacturing Operations includes Management of all Manufacturing Personnel.
- Responsible for driving efficiency improvements and compliance by achieving established Operational/Production KPI Targets (i.e. OEE%)
- Drive the implementation of Lean manufacturing methods.
- Works with Supply Chain to achieves Schedule Compliance and Execution to support Inventory &andBuild Plan Targets.
- Supports the Quality System to achieve Quality KPI's.
- Optimize equipment utilisation by prioritising Predictive / Preventative Maintenance Activities
- Establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing products in accordance with Production Schedule in a very dynamic environment.
- Maintain positive employee morale and address employee issues in cooperation with HR.
- Work with HR to ensure employees are hired, retained, trained, and developed, and temporary staffing needs are properly met while maintaining low turn-over at the site.
- Adheres to all Safe Work Practices (SWP) and organizational policies and procedures.
- Must abide by all safety requirements and attain safety goals.
- Needs to work closely with the Engineering Technical team to ensure mechanical/electrical malfunctions are repaired in a timely manner.
- Accountable for the growth and discipline of team members and additionally handles all pay disputes and career progressions.
- Works closely with the Logistics and Planning departments to ensure schedule attainment.
- Review/generate weekly and daily machine schedule for all shifts.
- Request/coordinate support from management and plant resources.
- Manage the activities of their assigned shifts
- Responsible for submitting input to activity report and running daily team meetings.
- Administers Company standards and policies (including discipline).
- Completes team skills assessments and performance reviews for team members.
- Manage the activities of the Group Leaders who are direct reports.
- Interacts with Engineering, Planning, Quality Control and Human Resources functions.
- Responsible for the supervision of all production personnel and to ensure that training is delivered, monitored and recorded.
- Maintenance of all associated records and maintaining plant and machinery in good order.
- Ensuring that all new equipment and processes are verified for suitability and safe use prior to utilisation for production.
- Maintain excellent BRC standards, ISO 9001, 14001 and Health & Safety standards
Experience /Skills Required:
- Proven Managerial experience and leadership skills.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiar with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Proactive approach to work and able to use initiative.
- Confident in liaising with internal and external customers and building relationships.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively.
- Accuracy first time and attention to detail
- PC Literate, MS Office, competent Excel skills
- Ability to think independently, assumes accountability.
- Resilient - ability to deal with pressurised situations and demanding situations.
- Ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.