NEW VACANCY! (PK6313)
PRODUCTION MANAGER- CORRUGATED PACKAGING
Salary Guide: £45-55K + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Private Pension + Benefits
Our client is a manufacturer of corrugated packaging solutions based in the North West. They specialise in quality products and exceptional customer service.
They are currently looking to recruit a Production Manager to ensure that adequate controls and reporting mechanisms are in place to allow the efficient operation of all production facilities on a daily basis, ensuring the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction are achieved. Daily management of those operations directly and through the operations management team.
Working in conjunction with the Managing Director and Senior Management team to ensure that there is a continuous improvement plan in place to ensure standards, facilities, and the operational management team are developed in line with the future needs of the business.
Candidate must have experience in the manufacturing of Corrugated Packaging. Machine knowledge is a key attribute in this role.
Nature and scope (including impact of decision-making):
- Responsibility for the day to day management of 2 production units.
- Following consultation with the Managing Director assume full responsibility for developing and implementing a continuous improvement program for all key aspects of the operational facility including but not limited to; increasing output, productivity gains & efficiencies, housekeeping and hygiene.
- Day to day responsibility for 4 direct reports and approximately 50 indirect.
- This role will require the ability to deal across functions, from shop floor personnel through to Senior Management.
- Decisions made in this role will have a direct impact, both positive and negative on the profitability of the business.
- To operate at the highest professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Direct day to day management of two sites and their production management teams.
- Drive gains in output while reducing controllable waste and unnecessary cost
- Manage and oversee the control of internal issues with potentially critical financial and customer impact such as stock management.
- Oversee and manage day to day production planning in order to optimize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain database to provide MD and senior management team with regular reports and data on critical areas of cost, productivity and output both weekly/monthly and in some cases daily.
- Develop maintain and manage an effective and appropriate preventative maintenance program.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, empowerment and accountability.
- Develop and enforce best practice SOPs throughout the production process
- Identify areas to significantly enhance production capability. Manage and deliver, on budget, associated and other ad hoc capital projects.
- Ensure the on-going development of team members and other staff through coaching, constructive feedback, both direct and through line managers. Identifying your own and team's on-going development/training needs.
- Undertake annual appraisals as required
- Stay up to date with all market, competitor, industry and legislative developments, ensuring that the senior anagement team are briefed on their likely impact.
- As a member of the senior management team, work across functions with other members of that team to ensure maximum performance of the company.
- As a member of the senior management team ensure that you constantly display customer focus and reflect the culture of the core values of the business.
- Reporting to the Managing Director