NEW VACANCY! (SC2930)
PRODUCTION MANAGER - LARGE FORMAT PRINT
£Open (Depending on Experience) + 21 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension + Perkbox + Life Insurance + Free On-Site Parking
Hours of Work: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Our client is one of Europe's largest large format print manufacturers in the UK, delivering Print Excellence since the 1970's. They are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of print technology and providing customers with the best opportunities to deliver their print campaigns, from creative conception, right through to installations and fulfilment.
The Production Manager effectively and professionally controls and manages all aspects of production and planning, ensuring workflow is successfully scheduled and managed by all production areas as per client requirements prior to dispatch in a cost-effective manner.
Skills & Requirements:
- Solid experience in a managerial/production planning role within the print industry.
- Management experience and knowledge of print production processes and machinery.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Proven track record of interpreting and making sound judgments involving a range of situations/facts.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to form effective relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to identify solutions to planning problems.
- Oversees and manages the efficient and professional running of the production department in accordance with the production plan, escalating any issues, as necessary to the Production Director, communicating action plan for resolution.
- Lead and work as an effective member of the production management team, along with other functions within the production area, to ensure production output meets dispatch requirements.
- Responsible for managing and delegating work to departmental managers ensuring completion of workload as per production plan.
- Oversees, communicates and monitors daily production objectives along with performance, progress and targets of operatives instigating performance improvement plans as necessary.
- Day-to-day line management responsibility of departmental managers including HR related activities such as performance reviews, disciplinary/grievance meetings, management of short/long term absence including the timely completion of return to work forms.
- Provision of an effective and clear handover to department managers at the start and end of each shift.
- Ensure materials are sourced, stored safely and clearly identified at all times by each department.
- Oversee the completion of material identification (whether raw or manufactured) ensuring any unused parts are
- Report all defects within the process such as job card errors and material shortages.
- Lead and ensure team compliance with Health & Safety, SOPs, ISO standards, Safe Systems of Work and HR processes, policies and procedures, including general housekeeping ensuring that work area is clean, safe and tidy free from obstructions and waste at the start, during and end of shift.
- Equipment is used safely and according to instructions, with no risk to individuals, other colleagues and visitors.
- All waste is recorded and disposed of in accordance with Company procedures and systems.
- Notifying the Planner if any rework is required.
- Report and escalate any accidents, near misses or any instances where environmental procedures are broken or ignored.
- Ensure all quality checks are carried out as per Company procedure and working practices
- Attend and present information at daily Production meetings and Job Briefings as and when required
- Plans, controls, organises and monitors the flow of multiple client print campaigns including machine allocation, to ensure maximum performance with minimum delay.
- Oversees the smooth and effective completion of scheduled work, referring any projected/actual deviations from plan to the Production Director with a proposed action plan for resolution.
- Formulates and issues production schedules.
- Plans and prioritises workflow to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Amends and reformulates the production plan as and when required, sometimes at short notice,
- Identifies any additional labour, equipment and raw material requests to cover production demand referring as necessary to Production Director/ HR manager.
- Undertakes and participates in any training and development as requested by the Company.
- Supports on-the-job training and development of colleagues as necessary.
- Performs any additional reasonable duties, as required by the company, to ensure effective and efficient running of the production plan.