The Production Manager will be working within a busy label print and manufacturing environment. The Production Manager will report directly to the Site Leader and will be responsible for leading the onsite Production Team, working within the parameters of ISO9001, 14001, 50001 and PS9000.
The Production Manager will be a member of the Site Leadership Team and will have responsibilities to manage and liaise with the Shift Supervisors.
The Production Manager will make clear and effective decisions on day to day activities within their direct sphere of influence and through consultation with management, obtaining clear direction on areas outside of direct influence/control/authority, closely monitor and control the delivery of the production schedule and regularly review and maintain performance measures; shift performance KPI’s & output levels.
- Delivering 100% On Time in Full, schedule adherence.
- Optimise productivity through adherence to strict production processes and identification and implementation of continuous improvement activities.
- Take a leading role in standardising production systems and processes.
- Manage attendance & resource cover.
- Responsible for the engagement, coaching and development of all Production personnel, supervises all human resources effectively ensuring recruitment, training, appraisals and discipline are co-ordinated to reach departmental goals, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the site Planner, Organises the departmental resources to meet the output and quality requirements of the production plan (Customer demand/Schedule adherence).
- Creates and Maintains Standard work for all operations. Audits processes to ensure adherence to agreed methodology and practice.
- Provides clear communication of decisions to team.
- Communicates departmental and company information to the team.
- Liaises and communicates with other departments keeping management and operational staff informed of issues and actions that may impact them or their teams.
- Ensures that the ISO & internal quality system procedures are trained, followed and maintained in the department.
- Believes in and promotes continuous improvement and a right first time, culture of quality.
- Work closely with QA personnel to ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
Skills, qualifications and/or experience:
- Knowledge of safety, quality and continuous improvement techniques.
- Extensive experience within the flexographic printing industry.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead and develop a management team to improve their skills to supervise, motivate, and manage hourly employees.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of ISO / Colour Management Standards.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated track record of efficiency and profitability improvements.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days holidays + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- On-site car parking
- Annual salary increases
- Sharesave scheme