NEW VACANCY! (PK6619)
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - CORRUGATED PACKAGING
£OPEN (Dependant On Experience) + On-site Parking + Company Pension
Hours: Monday To Friday, 8:30 - 4:30pm
Our client is a well-established supplier of transit packaging products based in the South East. They provide their clients with a range of corrugated cases, pallets, plywood cases, heavy duty packaging, cushioning, foam and composite packaging. They are a long-established company with an enviable reputation for quality and service where their main customers are blue chip medical, electronic and automotive. Their customer base runs from the Midlands to the South coast, where they deliver regular repeat business to very tight deadlines
Due to an upcoming retirement our client is looking to Production Supervisor to provide cost effective manufacturing operation whilst ensuring quality is maintained in a good team spirit and safe environment. To forward plan work and ensure the production manager is kept up to date on workload.
Delivery of key metrics including;
- Management of department production to maximize output and control departmental costs. Removal of downtime and minimize overtime.
- Communicating job expectations
- Managing the Team, coaching, counselling and disciplining employees as required
- Ensuring Quality standards and procedures are carried out and adhered to.
- Co ordinating and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- To ensure high standards of health & safety are maintained
- Planning monitoring and appraising job results
- To be aware of job times and workflow to get the best results
- Identify issues of efficiency and suggest improvements
- To recommend further training when required
- Ensuring "On Time Delivery" of Product to customers.
- Generate and carry out improvement activities ensuring members of the Team are actively engaged.
- Managing holidays and monitoring Time and Attendance to ensure that all key metrics are met. Ensure department tea break times are adhered to.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of good practice, equipment, and resources;
- Ensures waste is emptied at the end of each day
- To ensure all machines are in good working order and to advise on maintenance when required.
- To keep the production manager informed of any departmental issues.
Key Post Holder Requirements
- Ability to manage assembly / production processes.
- Experience of working with and adhering to Quality systems.
- Experience of managing a Team.
- A good knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Good communication skills including presentational skills.
- Computer literate.
- Positive attitude and commitment are essential
- Previous use of planning systems would be an advantage.
- Product knowledge would be an advantage
A knowledge of corrugated case manufacture or printing machines would be a distinct advantage to the role but most important is to lead the team with a can-do attitude and training can be provided to the right candidate.
The company offer a good work environment along with an experienced and very friendly team. The company is growing and there is room for personal development