NEW VACANCY! (PK6733)
HOURS: 8 Hours per day - Day / Night Shift, Monday To Saturday.
Ability to work 12-hour rotational shifts
£Open depending on experience + Overtime
Our client is a newly formed company who specialise in the manufacture of Tissue products, they are backed by a large European company.
They are now looking to recruit a Production Supervisor to join their team. You will report directly to the Production/Factory Manager and be responsible of supervising employees in the daily routine of setting up machines, maintain quality and ensuring highest level of health & safety standards are met on the production/factory floor.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Supervise employees in the daily routine of setting up machines, maintaining quality standards for all products as per product and customer's specifications.
- Maintain quality, efficiencies and production levels set by management.
- Communicate these standards to your staff.
- Oversee checks.
- Establish high morale within your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain supply of consumables/materials (ink, glue, core supplies, etc.) necessary to perform jobs.
- Coordinate with Production Manager and Maintenance department on any repairs or preventative maintenance needed in the department.
- Cross-train employees in key positions.
- Keep upper management informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of your department.
- Process completely and properly all paperwork.
- Enforce the corrective action procedures when applicable and conduct meetings with the violating employees.
- Conduct weekly Production / Safety meetings with department personnel.
- Communicate with necessary supervision to avoid problems between shift changes.
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including safety program and good housekeeping.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Learn relevant local and company requirements, rules and procedures.
- Strictly follows rules and guidelines and always uses the right procedure for the job.
- Promptly reports incidents, near-misses, and unsafe conditions or processes.
- Ensuring highest level of safety standards regulations and policies are met.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Experience /Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college or technical school is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in production supervisory positions, manufacturing, and/or machine operations is a plus
- PC Literate, MS Office, competent Excel skills.
- Excellent work attendance
- Strong attention to detail
- Clear, concise oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work 12-hour rotational shifts.