Bar Graphic Machinery are specialists in the design and manufacture of narrow web Converting & Finishing equipment for the narrow web Flexible Packaging, Label and Digital print packaging industries.
Bar Graphic Machinery is an industry leader in providing proven, technically creative, high quality machines to the Label and Packaging industries and has been for more than 28 years.
Producing high quality machines to customer specifications is our passion. Our technically creative equipment has been designed to meet our customers’ requirements today and anticipate their needs for the future. Bar Graphic’s highly-skilled engineers are constantly developing modifications and expanding our range of equipment to ensure our customers can find the right solution.
Qualified Design Engineer
Due to consistent expansion we are currently looking to recruit a Qualified Design Engineer to join our experienced team. The role will include working on the development of new and existing designs from a lean and efficiency point of view, preparing product related documentation and working closely with in-house manufacturing. A strong knowledge of mechanical design principles and experience of DFMEA and DFM methods are essential, ideally some print and/or packaging experience would be preferred but is not a necessity. An understanding of CNC machining procedures would be advantageous.
- Working alongside our Design team you will be responsible for the development and design of new market leading innovative machinery.
- Produce detailed component / assembly drawings with ease of machine manufacturing in mind, providing advice to the Production Team where necessary.
- Release BoMs through the MRP system, liaising closely with the manufacturing department to ensure all components are delivered within necessary timescales.
- Assist the Design function in meeting its goals on product development and market diversification
- Problem solving, some machinery is development work and requires strong detailing and design capability
- Carrying out improvements and changes to current designs
- Mechanical qualifications degree or HNC
- Experience in lean manufacturing
- Strong knowledge in the use of solidworks & Autocad
- Take ownership of a project, & have the ability to complete to deadlines
- Eye for detail and quality
- Organisational skills.
- Good communication skills
Additional Job Information
- Salary – Competitive salary based on experience.
- Location – Bradford
- Hours – 0800-1700 Mon-Fri, occasional work beyond these hours may be necessary.
Please contact us by sending in your CV for more information about this position and to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you
No agencies please