Overview of the role and candidate
The Quality Controller will be responsible for ensuring that our reprographic outputs comply to our quality standards and customer requirements through efficient and effective quality control.
We are looking for an individual that can adapt to meet internal and external customer demands, and take a solution-led approach, this can be a very fast-paced industry with a challenging workload, so the successful candidate must approach work with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Where the role sits within the team, department and wider business
The Quality Controller role is assigned to work as part of the Quality Control team, with a wider responsibility for working closely with the Customer Service, Studio and Production teams.
The Quality Control team plays a crucial role in the wider business ensuring that we deliver an outstanding level of quality to our customers on a daily basis.
Who the role reports to, and other key interactions
The Quality Controller will report directly to the Production Manager, the successful applicant will become a key member within the Quality Control team; they will also be expected to communicate with the Client Services, Studio & Manufacturing Teams, as well as Directors and other staff where appropriate and as projects dictate.
Key areas of responsibility and the deliverables expected
The Quality Controller will be responsible for using our quality monitoring software suite to monitor the quality of art and reprographic work completed by our studio operators, accurately logging issues found with sufficient information to allow for the studio operators to take corrective action, and communicating with customers when their jobs have been completed.
The key deliverables of the Quality Controller will be:
- To follow standard operating procedures in relation to pre-plating QC checks including visual inspections, measurements and proofing to ensure that work is produced in line with specifications.
- To follow the Standard Operating Procedures in relation to production of a proof.
- Identify and resolve any quality issues, taking any necessary action to prevent recurrence.
- Identification of any issues affecting workflow to the Production Manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Full and accurate completion of both the work ticket, QC check sheet and company databases.
- Prioritise jobs to ensure customers receive their product on time.
- Updating our customer relationship management system at each point during the QC process.
- Work directly with customers where required on approvals, amends, artwork, repro and plates.
Required experience and training
- Previous experience working in quality control within the print or. reprographics industry is essential
- Flexible to work 5 days over 7, including weekends and late day shifts where required.
- Composure to work under pressure whilst maintaining full attention to detail.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and work to tight deadlines.
- Proficient IT skills, including experience of using Microsoft Office in a commercial environment.
- Experience in using customer relationship management (CRM) systems is desirable, although training will be provided.
Location and travel requirements
The Quality Controller will be based out of the Reproflex3 Ltd. office, based in Cramlington (Northumberland). No regular travel requirements are anticipated, though, from time to time, there may be a requirement to visit clients; reasonable notice will be given.
About the company
Established in 1996, Reproflex3 Ltd. (or R3) provides pre-press packaging products and services to markets including flexographic printers, creative agencies and major FMCG brand owners. Products and services include flexographic printing plate manufacturing, studio and artwork, on-line workflow management and a packaging mock-up division. Currently, the company operates from Cramlington, Dubai and India, servicing the UK, European and Middle Eastern markets.
Successful applicants will be contacted after September 6th 2019.