The role will be focusing on cost saving and supplier projects, candidates must have solid technical expertise. The first couple of projects would be focused on corrugated & will require the role holder to be the technical lead working in partnership with purchasing to pro-actively drive a major project.
As a member of the European R&D Packaging team, this role will lead the translation, execution and technical leadership of regionally led activities. This requires understanding of the regional priorities and may additionally include the translation of innovation from the global teams for the region.
The role has primary accountability for developing & implementing the Regional Packaging Value Leadership and Supply Security Pipeline and for deploying Packaging Efficiency initiatives from CBUs and Global Packaging. You will act as Technical Leader, understanding how to manage stakeholders & influence team members and drive results, drive the prioritized initiatives working with cross functions through stage gates and ultimately launch.
You will be a primary interface within R&D for all R&D sub-functions and cross functions on VL. Identifying new Packaging opportunities and translating them into attributes using a variety of Consumer and Sensory tools. Applying creative skills/knowledge of Packaging and a thorough understanding of supply network (including co-manufacturers) to deliver Packaging that deliver against specified attribute. Producing lab scale prototypes of existing/new Packaging/semi-finished products and defining relevant quality attributes.
- A degree in Packaging, Packaging Materials, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, Polymer Science or Engineering or related field of study’ or relevant experience in industry field will be considered as an alternative to a degree.
- Demonstrated project management (ideally of numerous, interconnected projects) and networking/communication skills.
- Proven food-Packaging development/prototyping skills, including flexibles, carton & corrugated, and rigid plastic and ability to form effective mutual relationships with external partners and suppliers
- A solid understanding of the desirable, feasible, viable approach and is able to demonstrate problem solving and analytical approaches
- Understanding of the business strategy and the contribution of a given innovation project to the activity plan.
- Passion for the consumer, customer and quality, being able to demonstrate creativity in turning insights into packaging solutions.
- Understanding and application of business processes to manage innovation