A new opportunity to join a global leader as a Packaging Engineer within the R & D team to support in driving amazing food brands even further.
Working within the development & manufacture of many well-loved brands with a long heritage, we are a bright, forward thinking company always striving for a new way to develop and market better products, helping to enhance the lifestyle of consumers.
Reporting into the Global Packaging R&D Manager this role will be support the UK and European regions packaging activity across our new products, core renovation and margin improvement projects.
Other key responsibility will include:
- Provide packaging leadership and support to UK and EU regions.
- Develop and maintain a packaging pipeline aligned with global and regional business priorities.
- Develop new and innovative packaging material solutions that meet customer & consumer needs while protecting product quality & food safety requirements.
- Provide packaging support to product innovation and core renovation projects.
- Identify and support packaging Total Delivered Cost improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with packaging Operations, Procurement and key suppliers to deliver to global and regional plans.
What will make you successful?
To be successful in this position you need to demonstrate passion, collaboration and ability to think outside the box &.....
- Educated to degree level in packaging technology and or relevant scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in a packaging position, preferable in a food or beverage related environment.
- Strong knowledge of packaging materials (carton board, corrugated board, and flexible film), packing equipment (VFFS, HFFS, flow-wrapper) and print processes is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate that you have managed and lead projects end to end.
- Ability to demonstrate influencing skills across of levels is essential.
- Previous experience working cross functionally with a number of stakeholders is key.
This opportunity will provide you with real ownership and accountability, offering you development both individually and as part of a highly skilled team.