NEW VACANCY! (PK7176)
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - PACKAGING MACHINERY
Basic Salary: up to £50-60K - for candidates that meet all requirements in Candidate Profile + Commission: 1% of all packaging machinery sales + 25 days holiday per year + public holidays + Excellent Healthcare + Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)+ Death in Service + Contributory Pension (up to 5%).
Our client has been at the forefront of food and medical-device packaging for more than 60 years, with an extensive and innovative portfolio of packaging machinery that is unrivalled in terms of its scope and diversity. They are working hard to further expand their leading position as a supplier of packaging machinery and automation technology.
This role is due to expansion of the Field Sales Team, to enable growth of the UK business.
Covering the North East of England to include to East midlands region, your role is to be the first point of contact as Regional Sales for every new packaging machine enquiry. You will be supported before, during and after the meetings by technical experts, via Teams or in person, as required. You will be responsible for all technical and commercial aspects for Horizontal (flow wrap, Thermoform and Tray seal) and Vertical (VFFS) packaging machinery business within the food, industrial, consumer products and medical sectors.
This includes prospecting your sales region, finding new leads, following-up on Product Marketing Campaigns, presenting to the back-office new enquiries, ensuring all the data is available to progress on the project, negotiating and closing deals, as well as general follow up of customers. Once the equipment has been delivered, installed and signed off, the responsibility for it is transferred to their local Services team, with whom you will stay in daily contacts to ensure long- term customer satisfaction.
- Be accountable for delivery of the Packaging Machinery Sales Order Budget and %GM contribution within the defined Territory
- Meet targets for OVERALL territory and PRODUCT gross margin %, customer visits* (new opps), sales order conversion %age, and number of quotes prepared/month - KPI's
- Within this area, identify the needs for new equipment of existing and new customers - within the following sectors only:
- Medical devices
- Protein (meat, lamb, pork, poultry, cheese and vegan foods)
- Industrial and Consumer products
- Dried goods/snacks
- Acquisition of new customers within focus region and maintaining the relationship with existing customers
- Preparation of presentations, quotes and technical literature to support proposals
- Consultation and collaboration with UK based technical sales specialists to scope out and devise packaging and turnkey solutions
- Seek to up-sell turnkey solutions wherever possible, and be point of contact for third party machinery supply partners
- Handle contract negotiations with the support of your Manager and the various back offices
- Proactively develop and maintain a working knowledge of the following products in order to provide "SME" advice and consultancy to customers and business partners: UPA (automation).
- Third party products - MHW, conveyors, CCP/inspection, vision systems, depositors, fillers, feed systems.
- Possess a working knowledge of packaging materials, specifically topical issues of sustainability, Lifecycle and recyclability, by developing relationships with consumable manufacturers and specialists
- Attend side with Technical delivery teams for "ride-alongs" to ensure equipment function/operation and implementation procedures are clear and understood.
- 10+ years technical consultancy and sales experience.
- Experience within and working knowledge of the food manufacturing and packaging sector.
- Experience of selling high-value capital machinery within either or all of the following:
- protein manufacturing/processing
- protein packaging
- bakery, dairy and fresh produce packaging.
- Experienced in value selling techniques
- Working experience with technology market leaders (high end products)
- Excellent customer management skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Team spirit and a strong cooperative and collaborative mentality
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer skills (Teams, CRM, MS Office)
- Travel readiness - both domestic (in the defined region) and to Spain (average once per quarter)
Candidates with experience of selling high-value capital equipment into industrial, consumer, pharmaceutical and medical packaging sectors may be considered.