NEW VACANCY! (PK7342)
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - PACKAGING MACHINERY (PRODUCE)
MIDLANDS, NORTHERN ENGLAND & NORTH WALES
Circa £50K + Commission based on sales value + Bonus for meeting budget + 25 days holiday per year + 8 public holidays + Healthcare + Life Assurance @ 2x basic salary)+ 5% Pension
Our client has an extensive and innovative portfolio of packaging machinery and automation technology. They have a current requirement for a Regional Sales Manager to manage the Northern territory to include the Midlands, the North of England and North Wales. The purpose of the role is to professionally represent the company within the defined territory, to supply primary packaging machinery - HFFS equipment (flow wrap & thermoform) Tray sealing / lidding & VFFS (baggers) to the Produce Market (fresh fruit, herbs, salads, and vegetables).
You will possess a working knowledge of packaging materials and the circular economy and will work alongside Product Specialists/Product Managers and the Technical Manager, to ensure the company "lead the pack" in terms of ability to provide consultative advice on matters relating to machinery, materials and sustainability/recyclability.
- Develop Sales of packaging machinery equipment with existing and new customers within the defined territory to meet annual capital equipment order budget across the range and mix of primary packaging machinery.
- Be accountable for delivery of the Packaging Machinery Sales Order
- Budget and %GM contribution within the defined territory.
- Promote and sell complete product range of primary packaging machinery equipment to maintain sales growth targets and share of the market.
- Manage own territory in terms of new business development, customer meetings, appointments, contact, Sales and budgets via CRM, and to provide a high-level of commercial contact for all customers
- Represent the company at all levels within existing and new customers to ensure the company image/brand is seen as professional, helpful, accommodating, and reliable
- Support The Business Manager in sales of automation
- Essential: 5+ years technical consultancy and sales experience in capital machinery.
- Essential: Time served engineering apprentice or degree level graduate with a technical or engineering background
- Essential: experience of Features and Benefits value selling
- Desirable: 5+ years technical consultancy and sales experience in capital PRIMARY PACKAGING machinery in any/all of the following:
- horizontal flow wrap
- tray sealing/lidding
- vertical bagging (VFFS)
- Desirable: Experience within and working knowledge of the fresh produce/food manufacturing and packaging sector.
- Desirable: experience with consumable packaging materials (film/substrates)
- Candidates with experience of selling high-value capital equipment into the following may also be considered: packaging of protein, bakery and dairy; packaging of industrial & consumer products; pharmaceutical packaging; medical packaging.