NEW VACANCY! (PK8031)
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - RETURNABLE TRANSIT PACKAGING
SOUTH WEST ENGLAND / SOUTH WALES
Up to £46K + up to 1.25% Uncapped Commission + Car/ Allowance + 8% Pension + Private Health + Additional Benefits
Our Client is a well-established market leader in the in the manufacture of bespoke and standard reusable plastic packaging solutions to a diverse range of industries.
They have a requirement for an additional Business Development Manager to develop new sales opportunities, successfully win specific project bids and to have new business responsibility for specific projects and accounts.
This role is home based in the South West with monthly Office visits. Face to face client appointments will be a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Identify and maximise sales opportunities through cold calling and other new account generation techniques.
- Research customers with Automated Warehouse System Integrators, Racking Manufacturers, Distributors of storage equipment, Retail and Distribution companies with plans to implement state of the art logistic and systems / automated warehouses.
- Closing sales and supporting the customer through the whole sales cycle.
- Achieve sales and profitability budgets.
- Prepare annual sales budgets.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers.
- Provide technical advice to customers including suitability of company solutions, timescales, and ramifications for bespoke solutions and new tooling and manufacturing processes involved.
- Prepare official quotations in company system.
- Regularly update the CRM system, creating new accounts and adding sales activities.
- Attend seminars, conferences, and trade shows in order to network.
- Complete monthly and weekly sales reports along with competitor activity reporting.
- Attend and present information at overseas meetings.
- Attend monthly sales meetings at their head office and present a dashboard to the team.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, and you may well be asked to perform other tasks as and when required.
Core Competencies & experience required:
- 5 Years + experience in materials handling equipment industry or other relevant B2B selling environment.
- Presentation skills.
- Skills to develop own product and market knowledge.
- Have existing contacts and networks in logistics and supply chain market.
- Ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels.
- Packaging sector experience and supply chain knowledge would be helpful.
- Be able to demonstrate technical solutions coherently.
- Communication - ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally, either verbally or in writing.
- Quality - ability to complete work correctly and on time in an acceptable format and pay attention to detail.
- Customer Focus - ability to focus on both internal and external customers.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, open, and warm personality.