Sales & Operations Coordinator – Office Based (North West) - Salary £26k DOE – plus bonus – plus pension
Sales and operations coordination is a key part of what they do, providing the crucial ‘bridge’ between their customers, the sales team, suppliers, warehouse and logistics. This fast-paced, dynamic role will see you handling inbound customer enquiries, and processing sales orders with warehouse and logistic interface to name a few. This position is wholly office based and focussed upon customer engagement and keeping the office running in a smooth and efficient manner.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- To provide a complete professional support service to the sales team, ensuring efficient and effective support, proactively anticipating their needs and actions, working on your own initiative with minimal supervision to achieve a high level of operational service.
- The role involves working with a high degree of independence and autonomy, resolving issues as and when they arise, pro-actively responding to incoming phone calls and email communications, seeking advice only where necessary.
- You will be the principle point of contact for the sales team managing the flow of work through the office in the most effective way ensuring all queries are resolved, as far as possible in a timely fashion through your own initiative or else redirected to the appropriate colleague.
- To effectively screen all incoming phone calls, visits and other communications, initiating and co-ordinating actions with due regard to confidentiality and Data Protection using a customer centric approach.
- To manage the sales teams mail and email in their absence. Initiating appropriate actions and follow up. Reporting back to team members on their return.
- To create, maintain and review the electronic and manual filing systems, research and retrieve information. Maintaining customer, supplier and stock databases and records. Checking and authorisation of purchase invoices.
- Processing sales and purchase orders
- Principal contact for the company’s logistical providers: responsibilities will include the coordination and administrative support of stock receipts and deliveries to customers.
- Maintenance of the warehouse stocking plan.
- Supporting the company’s small manufacturing unit.
- Responsible for processing credit card/cash transactions.
- To provide support and guidance to other office administrative staff.
- To ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office and support team. To proactively maintain adequate and appropriate levels of cover and support to the sales team and to minimise service disruption and maximise efficiency.
- Good at interacting with people
- Able to work independently and proactively without close supervision.
- Relaxed and confident phone manner
- Strong work ethic
- Has the ability and willingness to learn quickly
- Able to retain information and data
- A good level of proficiency in mathematics, English (written & verbal) combined with sound computer literacy (including Outlook email, MS Word/Excel & preferably previous experience of using a CRM system)
- An ability to multi-task and prioritise own workload and thrive working within a small office team environment
- Assertive and confident when in pressured situations