NEW VACANCY! (DM1169)
SENIOR SALES MANAGER - High Value Capital Equipment / Software
Up to £75K + Bonus / Commission + Car / Allowance
Our client is a specialist in print & mailing solutions, supplying direct mail, fulfilment, printers, charities and government to name a few.
Currently recruiting for a UK Senior Sales Manager with mailing machinery / capital equipment sales and management experience.
You will oversee a sales team of 3 whilst looking after your own turnover, reporting to the Group Sales Director and CEO.
The main purpose of the role is to grow sales and the market share in the UK, excelling against established competitor base and to drive and support the organization's sales, service and support team and assure the continuity and growth of the business.
This is a home-based position covering the Whole of the UK however there will be a requirement to travel and to attend meetings in the office also when needed.
- To manage the UK Sales function to meet budget requirements, and drive and support the Group initiatives and developments.
- Lead, manage, support and develop the sales team.
- Together with the sales team, identify, pursue and close sales opportunities in accordance with the agreed business strategy.
- Maintain relationships with customers and external stakeholders to develop/identify new/further opportunities.
- Manage named accounts and manage and monitor significant customer accounts.
- Manage the sales pipelines and forecasts on a weekly basis ensuring delivery of sales targets.
- Co-ordinate and lead the timely submission of information, quotations and proposals to customers.
- Support the preparation of budget sales forecasts and report them monthly.
- Responsible for working with clients' management teams to understand business needs and strategies.
- Responsible for informing clients of new products, services and partnerships, as they are announced or released.
- Ensure maintenance of a high level of product knowledge with the sales, marketing and customer service departments.
- To maintain accurate and timely records of all customer contacts, communications and reports using the company CRM, ensuring data is up to date, factual and fresh.
- Responsible for providing support to other sales team members and additional departments when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in managing in a structured sales environment using an established sales methodology.
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate a high-performance team. Helps the salespeople develop as professionals, motivates each person individually.
- Coaches instead of manages. Guides people to discover the answer, rather than providing it.
- Is a team builder - not only motivates individuals but a team towards a collective vision and team atmosphere. Teaches by example, provides honest feedback, and coaches sales persons on how they could have done better.
- Someone who is passionate about transforming sales and whose values align with the company's culture.
- High level of emotional intelligence. Has genuine empathy for others and maximizes own impact through understanding the motivations of the sales team and wider business, adapting communication accordingly.
- Ability to use good judgement particularly when tasked with difficult decisions.
- Accountability - has honest, transparent and authentic communication with colleagues, regardless of personal ramifications.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external stakeholders. Builds bridges between top management, marketing, customer service, and the sales team.