An environmentally friendly focused packaging materials provider is looking to expand its team. They are looking for a Shift Supervisor to be accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all shift activities across the site, from material preparation through to despatch, including H&S and Quality.
Responsible for management, support, motivation and development of all shift personnel, including team leaders, material preparation, process technicians, production operators, 2nd operations, warehouse and logistics. Through Department Heads, this role is responsible for on shift maintenance technicians, toolfitting technicians and Q.A. technicians.
You will support the Operations Manager with specific focus on the performance of all elements within the plant, its systems and procedures, ensuring that they are regularly reviewed and deliver safe, efficient and audit ready operations at all times. The objective will be to sustain year on year performance improvements against key metrics.
What our client is looking for:
- Proven experience in a similar role (5/10 years)
- Strong hands on leadership experience
- Ability to develop, lead and motivate others
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- ERP knowledge
- QA process knowledge
- Highly computer literate e.g. Excel/Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Demonstrates experiences of making sound judgement & under pressure.
- Team Player
- Systematic and with high attention to detail
- Already have developed a career and held practical roles within a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical or process engineering background that reinforces extensive know-how of low margin, high-volume moulding and assembly.
- Ability to lead and promote Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Working knowledge of machinery safety regulations and legislation
- Ability to make decisions that maximise plant output + efficiency whilst balancing those decisions with safety, product quality and cost.
- Understands financial information.
From a personality perspective, candidates applying for this role must be diligent, highly self motivated, a self starter and truly resilient. You will be forward thinking, with excellent planning skills and the ability to anticipate potential obstacles.