NEW VACANCY! (SN2375)
SIGN INSTALLER / PRODUCTION OPERATIVE
Up To £28K depending on experience + Pool Vehicle + Pension
Our client is a leading signage manufacturer based in Essex specialising in Signage, Window Graphics, Digital Signage, Exhibitions, Displays and POP. They are currently looking to recruit a Sign Installer / Production Operative to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years' experience and will be skilled in the operation of printers, laminators and flatbed digital cutters (ideally Zund), well as graphics application to a range of substrates and Sign Installation. Vehicle wrapping experience would be a distinct advantage.
- This position is responsible for outputting vinyl and/or full colour graphics that can be weeded, cut and applied or printed and mounted to a substrate.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the physical construction and assembling of signs from computer cut vinyl and wide format full colour printouts. Sign assembly includes preparing substrates and applying vinyl or other media according to written instructions. Also, mounting and/or laminating prints and operating and setting up the laminator for over-laminating, encapsulation, or mounting of digital imaged products is required.
- Proof reading signs and conducting quality assurance to ensure the accuracy of signs is required as a standard procedure.
- A full driving license is a requirement of the role.
- Prioritise each day to efficiently and cost-effectively schedule the workflow with the team.
- Determine the best output method based on the customer's need and time frame.
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, select style and size of type, and arrange layout based upon available space, aesthetic design, and production requirements.
- Prepare comprehensive illustrations, sketches, layouts, and copy for print reproduction according to instructions of client or supervisor as required.
- Allocate the appropriate amount of time to each work order and schedule your work day.
- Inspect jobs for accuracy before sending them to the plotter or printer. Ensure correct material is used for each job and output devise settings are accurate.
- Provide proofs as necessary, using the online proofing system, for customer approval.
- Follow regular maintenance procedures on all equipment including computers, plotters and printers.
- Minimize waste by efficiently using ink, media, laminates, foils and vinyl; notify manager of low inventor
- Follow a layout to place vinyl or full colour graphic image(s) on a pre-determined substrate or medium.
- Prepare substrates for application - this may include cutting, painting, laminating, cleaning and maintaining the substrates for application.
- Feed UV flatbed printer with substrate for printing purposes when necessary.
- Weed excess vinyl from computer cut images. Weeding techniques vary with size, type of vinyl and complexity of image.
- Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction by accurately reading and interpreting a Work Order and then proofing for errors or unacceptable standards (bubbles, rough edges, loose seams).
- Perform finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces.
- Mounting of vinyl graphics to substrates - including vehicles.
- Operate the laminator while maintaining proper fit and settings. Thread laminating material onto the machines, set temperature, pressure, and side guides for proper feeding of material.
- Help unload raw materials; clean and maintain storage areas.
- Work on different projects simultaneously.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.