NEW VACANCY! (SN2386)
SIGN MAKER / METAL WELDER
£Open Depending on Experience + Overtime
Monday - Friday / 8:00am - 5pm, finishing early on Fridays
Our client is a Signage company based in Hertfordshire, they are currently looking to recruit a Metal Welder/Sign Maker to join their team. They specilise in 3D & flat cut letters, illuminated signs, shop fascias, retail displays in metal, wood and acrylic.
The suitable candidate should ideally have at least 1 Year experience in the sign industry or similar trade. Main duties will be operating a metal bender, laser welding, finishing letters, and sign trays with or without illumination and assembling different types of signage.
This is a great opportunity for a well organised individual with technical and manufacturing knowledge. A general can-do attitude would be welcomed into this busy and expanding company using state of the art machinery to create signage for major high street brands.
- Fabricating various signage from Mild Steel, Aluminum and Stainless Steel, using a metal bender and laser welder
- Ability to use a computer
- Must be able to use metal working machinery - hand tools, drills, grinders, and polishers etc
- Mig Welding Steel and Tig Welding Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
- Ideally will have experience of laser welding, but willing to train the right person
- Welding and dressing off corners and preparing signage for painting
- Fabricating Steel structures to support signage
- Ability to read drawings and follow job sheets
- Completing work on schedule and to high quality standards