NEW VACANCY! (DM1195)
SITMA SETTER / OPERATOR - DIRECT MAIL
£Open depending on Experience
Hours: 7am - 3pm / 3pm - 11pm
Our client is a successful well-established company specialising in fulfilment and mail company. Their fulfilment services include pick, pack and dispatch services to online sellers and data processing, inkjet and laser printing, enclosing, polywrapping, folding and envelope supply.
They are currently looking to recruit a Sitma Setter / Operator to join their production team. The successful candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of setting and running Sitma machinery incorporating ink jet equipment and ancillary equipment, to a very high standard.
Typical work activities:
- Setting, running & troubleshooting Sitma poly & paper wrap machines to a high standard.
- Setting & troubleshooting inc. jet cartridge-based ink jetting equipment (though
- Domino / Videojet trained will suffice)
- Managing a team
- Completing production records
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment.
- Following safety guidelines
Key skills but not limited to
- Time served Sitma setter with finishing skills distinctly advantageous.
- Is conversant with Inkjet printers, polyprop bundle strapping machines, Robotech gluing systems
- A good mechanical aptitude.
- Able to fault find and repair equipment affiliated with the role.
- Being able to review job specifications
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Being able to work under pressure.
- Is not afraid to teach.
- Can work alone or with a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Being able to meet strict deadlines.
- Being able to pay attention to small details.
Persons who work as Sitma Setters are not required to have specific academic qualifications, just having a mechanical aptitude for this field. They should however have good numeracy skills and the ability to read and write English well. and have a minimum of 3 years' experience setting and running Sitma / Buhrs / CMC or Norpak poly wrapping equipment