NEW VACANCY! (PT2877)
STUDIO ARTWORKER/PRODUCTION ASSISTANT - LARGE FORMAT PRNT
Hours: Monday to Thursday - 8:30am to 5:30pm & Friday - 8:30am to 5:00pm
Our client is a leading graphics, signage and large format print company, they have won awards for the manufacturer of their display and graphics, offering a superb range of point of sale, graphics, indoor and outdoor signage, posters and exhibition stands.
They are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and driven Studio/Production Assistant to join their production department who is looking to grow with a successful company. This is a vital position reporting directly to the Production Manager and requires an eye for detail and disciplined organisational skills.
The chosen candidate will have experience working in a studio department, setting artwork files, with Illustrator, InDesign (Rips experience would be of an advantage). They will also consider candidates from a Litho Printing background.
- You will be expected to work with and support both the Production Supervisor and Production Manager at all times
- You will manage and control the workflow from the account handler stage
- The companies customers demand speed and only the best, you will be working consistently to very tight and changing deadlines, which must always be adhered to
- Each job you will produce proofs from the original artworks, printer proofs, cutting paths as required and check all against what you have been tasked with
- You have the responsibility of checking your every job on completion and signing off on each job sheet
- As you are experienced in all areas of a studio, you will be called upon to fulfil most tasks as required from file prepping, scanning, printing, rip control, art working and alterations
- You will be expecting to help with all aspects of the finishing department when required, to include packing and collation of work
- To advise on the maintenance of all machines within the studio, to ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times and that general good housekeeping is maintained
- You will be expected to liaise with customers over the phone and in person if required.
- Your role is a varied and ever expanding one, changes will be required as the company expands and your willingness to adapt to new practices will be necessary
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times and that general good house keeping is maintained
- You will be expected to learn the theories behind inkjet roll/flatbed printing to include cutting and finishing