Studio / Pre Press Operative
We are a well-established commercial lithographic and digital printer based in Worcestershire, and we are looking for a hard-working, diligent, and driven candidate to manage our pre-press and studio processes.
As our dedicated Pre-Press Operative, you will be soley responsible for all plate & proofing requirements thoughout the company, utilising various software packages including Kodak Prinergy, Tharsterns MIS, Heidelberg Pressroom Manager and the full suite of Abode Creative Cloud products to pre-flight check, impose, and colour manage client artwork ready for plate-making or to be sent direct to press.
You will produce hard-copy, digital and finishing mock-up proofs as per client requests and manage the approval process for all jobs, ensuring accuracy and correctness before producing plates or sending artwork directly to our digital press.
- Receive job bags and check the status of artwork, liaising with clients and account managers.
- Pre-flight customer-submitted files before importing them into the workflow.
- Troubleshoot any issues and, where necessary, correct files using Adobe Creative Cloud software products.
- Utilise JDF’s from Tharstern and Prinergy software to create impositions ready for CTP or proofing (hardcopy or digital).
- Liaise with clients and account managers to obtain approval for submitted proofs.
- Communicate any queries with production team members and account managers and ensure all client requirements are documented on job bags and followed.
- Produce CTP plates.
- General maintenance of CTP machine and out studio equipment.
- Prioritise and manage workload, ensuring all jobs are completed on time and within schedule.
- Following all relevant health & safety, environmental and quality requirements when completing work.
- Proficient with MacOS and Windows systems
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud products, namely Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Photoshop.
- Previous experience with Kodak Prinergy (or similar software), Tharstern MIS and Heidelberg software products.
- A high level of attention to detail and understanding of colour.
- An excellent understanding of impositions and print production processes and practices.
- Minimum of 5 years pre-press experience carrying out similar functions.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and function as part of a larger team.
- Willingness to train and learn new skills as needed.
Submit your application via the Apply button.