We have an excellent opportunity for a Technical Design Manager to join a successful industry-leader, achieving year on year sales growth via organic business development and strategic acquisition. This is a company which offers a dynamic product portfolio of packaging solutions, working with some of the biggest names in the industry to offer our customers a niche and bespoke service.
The Technical Design Manager Role
You will provide innovative and tailored design solutions for both existing and potential customers. You will work hand-in-hand with customers to ensure not only direct cost savings are achieved, but also to ensure indirect cost savings are met, through constantly striving to make improvements in productivity and efficiencies for customers.
This role provides a wonderful opportunity for someone seeking career advancement as our client offers strong development and progression opportunities.
Technical Design Manager Responsibilities
- You will be capable of listening to customers’ needs and be able to communicate in a professional and coherent manner; both in conversation and presentational form
- Taking briefs and using various design software you will be creating innovative cost saving solutions
- You will work to provide tailored solutions, whilst demonstrating a caring approach to their business requirements and challenges
- Assess consumer tastes, market trends and product details in order to conceptualise package designs
- Ensure goals are met, whilst considering branding, safety and cost implications
- Generate reports on an ongoing basis to support proposals made and log design activities
- Demonstrate excellent time-keeping skills and juggle a range of tasks/projects ensuring tight deadlines are met
- Prioritise workload accordingly
- Produce finished customer samples, 3D visuals, artwork proofs and presentations
Do you have the correct profile?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated - enjoying the buzz and challenge of a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be IT literate with strong time management and prioritisation skills. You will have a real team spirit and be able to build relationships with internal and external partners.
Essential Skills required
- Experience using Kasemake CAD system, SketchUp Pro, Adobe CC
- Team player
- Results driven
- Specific packaging industry knowledge and experience
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal at all levels
- Customer Facing
- Can work under own initiative
- Good time management skills
- Can-do attitude
- Track record of cost saving projects
- Full driving license
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Desired (Non-essential) skills required:
- Experience using Solidworks, digital printing, Microsoft Hololens
- Specialist knowledge in packaging area other than corrugated packaging
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of all packaging materials & their uses
- Familiar with world-class techniques & have experience in a design/technical support role, with a proven track record of achievements in cost reduction projects
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com