NEW VACANCY! (PK6985)
TECHNICAL PRINT MANAGER - CORRUGATED PACKAGING
£Open depending on Experience + Pension
Our client is a specialist in the manufacture of corrugated packaging for FMCG markets, particularly in Beverage, Food and Confectionery.
They are now looking to recruit a Technical Print Manager to join their team, you will be reporting to the Conversion Manager and deliver optimum printing solutions for manufacturing while satisfying the customer requirements and quality standards. Working with key suppliers of both printing material, printing equipment and machinery to ensure both performance and cost effective processes are in place, maintained and improved.
The expectation is that the Print Manager would have a 70/30 split 70% of the work being on site to provide technical support, guiding and mentoring the production crews on all print related issues. The other 30% would be building and establishing relationships with Account Managers and key customers to support and manage new printing initiatives and new artwork, on occasion going out to visit customers discussing printing solutions.
- Responsible for own safety and the safety and welfare of others
- Provide technical support, guidance and mentoring of production teams for all print related issues
- Review efficiency opportunities and prioritise improvement activities
- Coordinate print improvement projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals
- Develop and maintain controls and processes to ensure machine printing capability is maintained
- Provide print training to operators and staff to ensure process controls are in place and understood.
- Review and amend customer artwork for "high quality" work to ensure process capable
- Key equipment inspection and reporting to anticipate and activate equipment replacement of worn parts
- Work with material suppliers to generate most cost effective solutions "Ink rationalisation" and other improvement projects
- Have working relations with Account Managers and key customers to support and manage new artwork and printing initiatives
- Set up "production pack" for external sales and maintain in line with plant growth to ensure selling to plant capability profile.
- Any other reasonable request that is within capabilities, that is safe and is required to meet the needs of business
Key Result Areas:
- No personal accidents
- Introduce process controls to achieve site target print defects
- Development and deliver robust training programs in "printing best practice" for all print employees
- Prepare and implement work standards and methods for all core print process
- Implement control monitoring and auditing of line-side notice boards
- Reduce ink failure downtime and "on press" adjustment
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- PC literate, knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Team Orientated
- Self-motivated and committed with good organisational and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- A flexible and adaptable attitude
- Flexographic print process industry knowledge would be desirable
- Achievement and goal focussed
- Self-control - calm under pressure
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovation and initiative
The purpose of the role is to deliver optimum printing solutions for manufacturing whilst satisfying the customers' requirements and quality standards.
Hours: Days - around normal office hours