NEW VACANCY! (PT2794)
£18K - £22.5K (Depending On Experience) + 21 Days Holiday + Pension + Death In Service
Our client is a well-established personalised printing and promotional gifts company, they provide a wide range of printed, embroidered and personalised products. They are currently looking to recruit a Textiles Operative.
Working with their expert and experienced Senior Textiles Operatives, you will have the opportunity to understudy and be trained as a skilled Textiles Operative running and managing their automated Amaya embroidery production equipment.
They strive to deliver outstanding quality work in a timely manner, so you will need to be a fast learner and have a great eye for detail and great dexterity.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic team.
- To understudy the work of the Textiles department from setting up to production to finishing-:
- Responsible for obtaining a customer's design from the system and matching the colours.
- Also setting up the machines with the correct coloured threads and ensuring that the design is correct.
- Framing up the garments to ensure the design was embroidered in the correct place using the appropriate backing paper.
- Completing the embroidery on the garment
- Removing the backing after the design had been embroidered and packing the garments to be shipped.
- Ensuring final quality assurance check and complete appropriate wrapping for post room handling.
- To assist manage the workflow so as to deliver textiles products in a timely manner.
- Accurately record, store, input and update information into the relevant ICT system and ensure all records and systems are up to date.
- Liase with director of Operations and Customer Service to ensure the service continues to meet customer and business needs
- Maintaining secure, efficient, and accurate filing systems
- Maintaining an acceptable level of product knowledge by keeping up-to-date with new product developments
- Attention to detail
- Focused and self-motivated
- Take pride in work produced
- Enthusiastic and reliable team player
- Keen to learn and progress
- Strong IT skills
- The ability to quickly and accurately enter information
- Minimum of 4 GCSE's at Grade 4 and above, to include English and Maths